As you will have heard or read hundreds of times before, "I am a creature of habit" or "We are all creatures of habit". How true, I believe we are who we are and where we are because of our habits and behaviours.
One of our Habit Changers, Jane, sent me a quote recently: "Life is not a habit - Life is a succession of habits". Therefore it stands to reason that if we have better habits and behaviours then we have a better life - Simple!
Below are two columns of habits and behaviours, with unhappy or unsuccessful people on the left, and those of happier, more successful people on the right. (on a mobile device they may stack up on top of each other) The chances are you won't be 100% on the left, or all the way to the right. So, the questions for you are:
- where are you along that line when you compare yourself against these traits.
- Which side would you rather be leaning against?
- And what are you going to do about it?
Not doing well
- watching too much TV every day
- never set goals
- fear change
- hold grudges
- talk about other people, gossip, etc
- think they know it all
- blame others for their failures
- read daily, not just books but blogs, ebooks, audiobooks, etc.
- set goals and work towards them
- compliment others and what they do
- embrace change
- forgive and forget, and move on
- talk about and share ideas
- always learning, wanting to know more
- take responsibility for their actions, mistakes and failures
How did you do?
Be honest with yourself, which way were you leaning when you compared yourself against each of these habits?
If you you want to be more successful by adopting those habits on the right then the answer is quite simple - you need to make that decision - decide what habits you want to change and how soon. You need to have a simple plan, and use a simple tool to get you to understand what you are doing now, help you plan route to improvement and lay out a series of simple steps to get you there.
The Habit Changer is a simple process specifically written for achieving permanent habit change, designed using proven therapeutic techniques, and is easy to use. It is a practical, no-frills journey to habit change, converting those bad habits holding you back, into good habits which help you get to who and where you want to be - permanently.
You can learn more about The Habit Changer from the other pages in the menu above, or you can download our guide that contains a number of real life examples.
I hope you found this article interesting and useful. I also hope that you will try the Habit Changer for yourself to become more successful in the future.
May I leave you with another quote from a lady called Jo Wheeler...
"Remember that we create our destiny with our daily habits!"